And somehow, we’re suddenly in May! I don’t know about anyone else but this post-pandemic thing (are we even post-pandemic? IDK) is weird. Events are happening again. I’m keeping myself busy with going to theatre performances and concerts. And I’m barely sleeping. Ah, nature is healing.
I’m keeping my TBR small-ish this month with 7 books. I always try and switch genres between reads which is why I have a lot of contemporaries to go with the fantasies I plan to read. I tend to read contemporaries quickly so I’m hoping I can get through all these this month.
- Yerba Buena by Nina LaCour – This one comes out May 31st and I won this physical arc from a Goodreads giveaway – shocking I know! I also have an audio arc of this so I’ll likely listen to it and read along.
- Book of Night by Holly Black – So I’m #1 for the audiobook hold at my library and I plan to drop everything as soon as it becomes May 3rd and start this. I cannot wait!!
- This Is Not The Real World by Anna Carey– I got through my reread of This Is Not The Jess Show in April and wanted to start this arc ASAP, but suddenly life happened and I had no time! Let’s see if I can get to it SOON.
- Hotel Magnifique by Emily J. Taylor – I’ve heard this has Caraval/Night Circus vibes so I’m going in without knowing too much.
- The Romantic Agenda by Claire Kann – I’m excited for Claire Kann’s adult debut novel! The MC is asexual so I cannot wait to jump into this one.
- Something Wilder by Christina Lauren – I’m a simple girl, you tell me there’s a new CLo book, I read it! This one sounds really good though and I will probably read it as soon as its released (depending on my library hold…)
- Together We Burn by Isabel Ibañez – This was on my April TBR but well….-gestures around- It’s on my May TBR too. This releases May 31st so I’m hoping to read it before then!
Ok this section of books I’m carrying over just keeps getting longer and longer…. I’ll eventually remove some from it, but I *do* really want to read all of these!
- A Show For Two by Tashie Bhuiyan – I met Tashie at YALLFest back in November 2021 and she was so cool! I finally got around to reading Counting Down with You in March and loved it, so I’m looking forward to her sophomore novel – I expect all the feels.
- Fire Becomes Her by Rosiee Thor – This fantasy standalone novel caught my eye because of the LGBTQ+ elements and I’m hoping to pick it up once I’m in the mood for a fantasy!
- Loveless by Alice Oseman – I’ve had this UK paperback since it came out and yet I’ve never read this book. Now that its finally out as an audiobook, I think its time I read it!
- Wild Women and the Blues by Denny S. Bryce – This historical fiction was on my TBR months ago and I never got to it – but I didn’t forget about it. I’m feeling like I’ll want a historical fiction read this month and this seems perfect.