Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This weeks theme is: New-to-Me Authors I Read in 2020
I feel like I read a lot of different authors than my usual in 2020, and I’m pretty happy with most of the new authors I read! (I’m only sharing new authors I LIKED, not ones I didn’t like.)
1. Abby Jimenzez – The Happy Ever After Playlist – I never read The Friend Zone, but Happy Ever After Playlist swept me off my feet and I adored this story, and will definitely be reading more from this author!
2. K.M. Szpara – Docile – I was thinking about this book for weeks after I read it – I still think about it sometimes! Its intense, but a thought provoking read – warning, not YA and do read the trigger warnings first.
3. Farrah Rochon – The Boyfriend Project – A book about Black female empowerment in the STEM field? Um, yes please! Loved it, and will be reading whatever Farrah writes next!
4. T.J. Klune – The Extraordinaries – I feel like quite a few people discovered TJ this year, and for good reason! I was delighted with The Extraordinaries!
5. Kacen Callender – Felix Ever After – I had HEARD of Kacen before, but never read any of their books until Felix and. Wow. WOW. WHY HAVEN’T I READ ANOTHER KACEN BOOK?! Love. So much love.
6. Erin Hahn – More Than Maybe – I’ve seen Erin’s name around but this was the first time I picked up her book and I’m a reader for life now.
7. Rosie Danan – The Roommate – I love a good romance book, and Rosie WON in that category! I cannot wait to read her next book. This was sexy but also the characters had real depth to them.
8. Aiden Thomas – Cemetery Boys – PROTECT AIDEN THOMAS AT ALL COSTS. SOS. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I already have an e-arc of their next book, Lost In The Never Woods, and I cannot wait to dive in!
9. Rachel Lynn Solomon – Today Tonight Tomorrow – I know Rachel isn’t new, but this is the first time I read her book and, wow. I’m hooked! I want more of her work!
10. Brit Bennett – The Vanishing Half – I picked this up on a whim, not knowing much and wow. Brit’s writing BLEW ME AWAY!!!